Wayne County Health Choice
Wayne County Patient Care Management System Adult Benefit Waiver Program
Open Enrollment for ABW program is April 1, 2013 to April 30, 2013.
The Adult Benefit Waiver Program provides basic health coverage to residents of the State of Michigan with countable incomes at or below 35% of the federal poverty level. The coverage is funded by state general funds and an increased utilization of Michigan's CHIPRA allocation to cover uninsured childless adults. PCMS is responsible for administering the ABW program for Wayne County.
Covered care includes:
- Office visits
- Outpatient services
- Emergency services
- Annual physical exams
- Many other necessary services (Some restrictions apply)
For a list of Adult Benefit Waiver Coverages click here: Adult Benefit Waiver Coverages
The services are funded through Wayne County, the State of Michigan and the Federal government.
1. Wayne County Resident
2. Ages 18-64
3. Not disabled or eligible for Meidcaid or any other medical programs
4. Income less than 35 percent of the federal poverty level
5. Eligibility will be determined by Michigan Department of Human Services and State of Michigan
Where To Apply:
Application for the Adult Benefits Waiver is made through local Department of Human Services offices (DHS). Find your local DHS office: DHS locatons by zip code
Use the below for paper application. You will need to take it in to your local DHS office:
DHS Assistance Application, English
DHS Assistance Application, Arabic
DHS Assistance Application, Spanish
Save yourself a drive and create account, apply, view results and make changes for the Adult Benefit
Waiver via Internet connection (no traveling to DHS office) :
- Patient Care Management System, 640 Temple, Suite 370, Detroit, MI 48201, (866) 896-3450 or (313)833-3450 or (1-866-896-3450).
- Wayne County Health Department - (734) 737-7006
- State of Michigan, Detroit Department of Human Services - (313) 456-1000, Medical Benefits Application Website
- For additional healthcare resources click here: Resources for the uninsured
- Get A Job...
- Apply For...
- Get Documents For...
- Sign Up For...
- Pay For...
- Get Training...
- Learn About...