Concealed Weapons Permit Procedure
The Clerk's Office is responsible for the processing and distribution of concealed weapons applications and permits.
Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, must be either a U.S. citizen or a resident alien, and must have resided in this state for at least six months. Applicants must meet certain criteria as to criminal history and mental illness. Applicants must provide proof of pistol training and safety programs from a certified firearms instructor.
A state and federal fingerprint clearance is required. Fingerprints are to be taken at the County Clerk Offices:
(2 Woodward Ave., Room 207 Detroit, (313) 224-6262) or at the Sheriff's Department (3100 Henry Ruff Road, Westland, (734) 721-5125).
You now have 2 options if you are applying for a Concealed Weapons Permit.
Option 1: Your application can be filed in person at the Wayne County Clerk's Office
Option 2: Complete application online, print and bring completed application to the County Clerk's office.
Please note that required documents must be presented in person to the County Clerk Office and the application can only be filed in person at the Clerk's Office in the County where the individual resides.
- Complete Concealed Pistol Application / Renewal form for renewal application
- Complete Criminal History Form
If Customer is requesting exemption from Pistol Free Zone they must complete
- Exemption from Pistol Free Zone form
- Original Training Certification (not required for Renewal)
- Valid Drivers Licence or State ID
- US Naturalization Papers for foreign born U.S. citizens
- Two Passport Style Photos (dimensions of 2” x 2” by 1” to 1 3/8”) (pictures can be taken at Clerk’s Office for $15.00)
- Office Locations
The CCW application fee is $105.00 | CCW Renewal fee is $105.00
Made payable to the Wayne County Clerk by money order, cashiers check, certified check, or cash.
For your convenience, E-Photos are available for a $15.00 fee.
- Get A Job...
- Apply For...
- Get Documents For...
- Sign Up For...
- Pay For...
- Get Training...
- Learn About...